The activities of the Centre are divided into three major areas:
To perform high quality academic research mainly in the field of Applied Economics on a Cyprus, European and International level.
- Provide policy recommendations on issues related to the Cyprus economy based on empirical research findings.
- Disseminate research output produced by the Research Centre through publications, seminars and conferences.
- Create collaborations with the national and international academic community.
- Provide research opportunities and the necessary tools to researchers and affiliated members.
- Incorporate research output in the development of the curriculum of CBS courses.
To provide consulting services to the private enterprises and NGOs and to create collaborations with the business community. These services include quantitative and qualitative market research, mystery shopping, call centre services etc.
Giving back to Society
- To give back to society by disseminating research and other findings through bulletins, conferences and other events.
- To address societal and other current issues that affect the lives of disadvantaged groups like for example those with low incomes and those with physical or mental disabilities aiming towards policy recommendations to improve their quality of living and life satisfaction.