The Banking Technologist Program (ADBT) is a two-year program which enables the student to broad base his or her career options in the banking industry. It provides comprehensive training to students in the field of Banking by way of interaction, projects, presentations, industrial visits, practical training, job orientation and placements. The curriculum emphasizes critical learning outcomes required by students to succeed in the profession of Banking. Students will be educated on a wide range of topics - banking products and services; investments, and regulatory practices; customer relationship and management skills; selling skills and techniques.
The Banking Technologist Program (Associate of Arts in Banking) is designed to provide students with a well-rounded education by offering a core set of specialized courses in banking. In addition to covering important foundation and core courses in banking industry, the program offers a student extensive inputs in managing customer relationships, business development and sales skills, and skills in business communication to engage with the customer. The program incorporates many strong practical components.
All students pursuing the Banking Technologist (ADBT) associate degree must complete the following requirements:
An important advantage is that with the successful completion of the Banking Technologist Program (ADBT), the student also acquires the professional certificate “General Banking” of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
The educational objectives of the Banking Technologist program incorporate the objectives of the CBS. The aim of the program is to provide the necessary education, skills and values to students who seek a career in the banking profession in the banking industry, financial institutions, or government.
- Demonstrate knowledge of essentials in the fields of banking to provide sound information to users of banking services.
- Show thorough competence in understanding quantitative and qualitative methods as applied to problem-solving in the field of banking.
- Employ integrity, ethics, and social responsibility in banking practices.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Express an understanding of the contemporary banking environment.
- Identify how businesses and business operations are managed and organized.
- Demonstrate an understanding of major theoretical perspectives and concepts, and their application to a variety of employee issues and responsibilities in contemporary business life.
- Demonstrate a foundation of computer and information systems knowledge, technical skills, and a basic understanding of computer applications.
- Be prepared to enter IBS’s bachelor degree programs without any additional academic preparation.